Monday, January 8, 2007

Sexy and 70: Gorgeous Grandpas 07.13.00

Preventive medicine, healthy living and advances in erectile dysfunction technology are insuring that those in the September of their years are making it all the way to December with vim and vinegar. In fact, old-timer Clint Eastwood’s forthcoming Space Cowboys stars not only The Clint as a sexy leading man, but also ginchy grandpas James Garner and Donald Sutherland. Proof positive that some men, like some cheeses, only get better with age.

We polled a varied cross section of randomly selected women and gay guys to determine just who is considered the sexiest septuagenarians on the Silver Screen.

The results were inspired. While I totally get why James Coburn, Dennis Weaver and Paul Scofield slipped below radar, I found it odd that William Shatner and Adam West didn’t rate. (Perhaps it’s just heterosexual males that find Captain Kirk and Batman attractive.) Naturally, Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman made the grade with gold stars and “gets along well with others” in the comments. I was pleasantly surprised, however, by dark horse candidates like Richard Farnsworth, Charles Bronson and Tony Bennett.

Sean Connery (70)
“Of course, Sean Connery. He’s an instant fireplace partner.”
Sarah T., 24, public relations

“Is it possible to get Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood together at the same time?”
Erika Y., 28, furniture designer

Clint Eastwood (70)
“He’s as leathery as a dried deck shoe, but it’s a dried shoe leather that smolders.”
Kelsey F., 21, waitress

Paul Newman (74)
“A weathered-to-perfection face with eyes that could not lie. When he looks into the camera -- at me -- I believe in myself.”
Melissa M., 33, firefighter

"Can he just spread his salad dressing all OVER me? I'm sure he could figure out a way to clean me up quite nicely."
Tricia L., 25, elementary schoolteacher

Richard Crenna (73)
“I wouldn’t date him, but he’d definitely be on my 2 a.m. lonely night booty call list.”
Steven M., 29, legal assistant

Chuck Heston (75)
“There’s just something about a man toting a handgun and waving a flag that makes my temperature rise. Put your paws on me, you damned dirty ape!”
Patricia G., 26, grad student

Robert Loggia (70)
“I’m not sure if you could call Robert Loggia ‘sexy,’ but he’s so f*cking cool. That’s gotta count for something.”
Jenna H., 30, tattoo artist

Sidney Poitier (73)
“Still tall, dark and handsome after all these years, screen legend Sidney Poitier is living proof that dignity, strength and talent are turn-ons that are timeless.”
Simon F., 29, rare book dealer

Maximilian Schell (70)
“Maximilian Schell. He’s a little plasticine, but still hot in a ‘I’m-the-very-definition-of-masculinity’ kind of way.”
Laura P., 36, retail buyer

No comments: